Who doesn’t want to make sure their skin looks its best? Doing so doesn’t require a complicated regimen. What’s more, proper skincare doesn’t have to involve an array of artificial solutions. Several natural supplements can act as an effective arsenal in your effort to take better care of your skin.
These six supplements will prove useful for rejuvenating your skin for 2020:
1. Rosehip seed oil is harvested from the seeds of rose bushes. It’s full of anti-inflammatory vitamins A and C, antioxidants and essential fatty acids. This oil is great for getting rid of acne and makes a terrific moisturizer. It’s also great for hair care treatment. The nutrients in rosehip oil allow it to treat signs of aging and pigmentation, repair damaged skin and lock in hydration. The astringent nature of rosehip oil tightens pores and brightens skin. Put a few drops on your face in the morning and again in the evening after cleansing to get younger-looking skin. The ultimate beauty ingredient trio of fatty acids, vitamin A and vitamin C make rosehip oil a solution for fading facial scars.
2. Dermatologists agree on how great retinol is for the skin. Retinol, or vitamin A, is one of the most effective anti-aging ingredients in skincare. The benefits of retinol serum include drastically rewinding the clock on your face and undoing a lot of the damage that may have come throughout the years. Retinol does this by boosting the collagen in your skin, which gets rid of wrinkles and laugh lines. Retinol was first used as an anti-acne product until its anti-aging properties were also discovered. It will also get rid of dreaded acne scars, giving you a beautiful complexion. When you mix anti-aging with acne-fighting abilities, it’s a win-win.
3. Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) cream will benefit your skin in almost every way. MSM is found in all living organisms and is formed of carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and sulfur. In the body, it acts at the glue that holds amino acid chains together, which are the building blocks of all tissue. MSM cream will fight acne, smooth wrinkles and reduce acne scars by boosting collagen growth. MSM cream can reduce scar tissue, hydrate dry skin, soothe itchiness and improve wound healing. Taking MSM internally will benefit not only your skin but also your hair, your energy levels, it can get rid of headaches, boost concentration, and more. Just make sure you use MSM that is pure – it should be white, flakey and a bit bitter.
4. Rose essential oil comes from damask or cabbage roses. The oil is steam distilled from the flower petals and researchers have found that it contains several therapeutic compounds. These compounds, including anti-inflammatory agents and antioxidants, are responsible for its great benefits: anti-aging effects, reducing acne, tightening skin and reducing scars and blemishes. Always use a light carrier oil such as argan or jojoba oil along with the rose essential oil to dilute it, and check do a small patch test to see if you’re sensitive to it.
5. Turmeric is a spice with antibacterial properties that are great for cleansing and nourishing the skin. Turmeric contains curcumin that has antioxidant and antimicrobial benefits. This yellow root spice promotes wound healing by reducing inflammation and oxidation, which can reduce scarring. Turmeric’s anti-inflammatory properties make it an effective treatment for psoriasis, eczema, and alopecia.
6. Niacin, which your body turns into niacinamide, builds proteins in the skin and prevents environmental damage. It helps build keratin, which keeps your skin firm and creates a lipid barrier, which retains moisture and minimizes redness and blotchiness. Niacin also minimizes pore appearance, regulates oil and treats acne and hyperpigmentation. Be sure to avoid the “no-flush” niacin. The flush is unpleasant but necessary for the supplement to work properly.