Easy Eggnog Recipe
Who knew making your own eggnog is as simple as throwing a few ingredients in the blender? Use milk or cream along with egg yolks, vanilla, spices and a bit of syrup. This delicious beverage is a tasty and rather nutritious wintry treat to enjoy any day. This recipe came from Lindsay over at Passionate Homemaking and was slightly adapted to taste. If you’ve never visited Passionate Homemaking, you’ll want to stop by, as she shares about natural and intentional living with a Christian twist.
- 1 1/4 cup raw milk or cream (cream will make a thicker eggnog)
- 2 egg yolks (raised on pasture, from a trusted source)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (Easy DIY Vanilla Extract)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or honey in a pinch)- We love grade B as it is higher in nutrients
- 2-3 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until ice cubes are totally blended. Serve topped with a dash of nutmeg, if desired.